E.L.A. Standard : Students will read, write, listen, and speak for information and understanding.
• Use several sources of information, in addition to an encyclopedia, in developing research reports
• Identify an appropriate format for sharing information with an intended audience
• Take research notes, using a note-taking process, with assistance
E.L.A. Standard: Students will read, write, listen, and speak for information and understanding.
• Compose, mechanically grade-appropriate texts for a variety of student-selected and teacher-selected purposes
• Write with voice to address varied purposes, topics, and audiences across the curriculum
• Organize writing effectively to communicate ideas to an intended audience
• Compose arguments to support points of view with relevant details from single and multiple texts
United States History Standard
The causes of the Civil War
Reactions to the Civil war
The students will learn about the role African Americans played in the Civil War. The students will make inferences about the role of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry played during the Civil War